Monday, March 31, 2014

Holy Cow! Television Without Pity (TWoP) is Shutting Down FOREVER!!!

 
That's right. TWoP will be ceasing operations on April 4th, shutting down their entire website  (including the forums) on May 31st, 2014.

I'm shocked and saddened. TWoP was one of the first forums I participated in to get my daily snark on shows like Big Love, the Real Housewives franchise and, of course, Sister Wives.

I shall never forget TWoP Howard, the Nurse Ratched of the mods, who brazenly shut down the Real Housewives of New York forum for 6 months because members were still commenting about Bethanny ending her friendship with Jill Zarin in the off season ignoring Mod Howard's warnings to cease and desist.

I mean, it was the off season, so what else would people talk about? Well, according to TWoP guidelines, one could only discuss what was on the show, and if the show was in-between seasons, there wouldn't be a lot to talk about. Nevermind Twitter and Facebook and newspapers! So she made the forum 'read only' until the new season started.

I stopped reading about RHoNY on TWoP after that.

And what about all those warnings about "boards on boards"?

It's the end of an era, I tell ya!

RIP Television Without Pity.

Here's a link to TWoP Pembleton's announcement...

Announcement: UPDATED: TWoP Is Closing: So Long and Thanks For All the Snark

16 comments:

  1. I wonder what happened?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing it's a question of revenues....lack of ad revenue that is.

      Delete
  2. I saw that CJ.
    Until I finally found your "living room", I was lurking (only lurked) over there for SW and early 5wives snark.
    When I saw the termination notice, I thought...CJ is probably going to see a lot more company in her living room now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have googled sister wives so many ways and it never popped up. Never heard about it till now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone from the Duggar thread on TWoP started a FB page for us fellow snarkers and someone asked yesterday what happened to the Sister Wives blog, someone responded saying to google CJ and there would be a new blog. I'm so glad I found you! I've missed the SW snark :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yah I will not miss TWoP (OK maybe just a little). I was always getting in trouble for ridiculous stuff. It was my last resort blog.

    Just realized something. We are snarking on the original blog that started snark! BAHHAHA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abreva Anyone? Best screen name ever!

      Delete
  6. Damn, I've been a member of TwOP for 12 years. Gonna miss it, even though I have 2 warning points.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've also been a lurker/member at MightyBigTV-TWoP for 14 plus years and have lurked at Sister Wives Blog during it's entire run (what happened over there anyway?). I had no idea CJ started this new blog! Glad to find it and will be checking in here and PTV for my plig gossip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Twop Howard is a jackbutt. After some petty handslap I was outie! Just glad I got to read the Dexter recaps. Bye-bye Howard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been on TWoP since forever, and as long as I can still chat about the shows I enjoy, I say, here's to a new era. After all the years and all the shows I commented on without a single warning, Howard accused me of being a TROLL during a discussion about Sister Wives and Polygamy. Editing people's punctuation? Self-important much??

    I've missed Sister Wives Blog and stopped posting at TWoP, so thanks a million to Cynical Jinx for giving us a place to chat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. BTW, TWoP veterans: Have you seen Previously.TV? I think it could become a fabulously improved version of TWoP--a place to snark w/o draconian mods. I'm giving it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel like it is Karma for all the board they shut down for stupid reasons. If they wanted to save the board they should have got with the times and let people speak their mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't believe that was the reason twop was shut down. It was about economics and being profitable. Karma had absolutely nothing to do with the shutdown.

      Delete